I’ve been talking a lot lately about alchemy. At its core, alchemy is an ancient practice that involves the transformation of base metals into gold, but it’s become a potent metaphor for personal transformation and spiritual growth.
In alchemy, the process of transformation involves the union of opposites, such as light/dark. This idea of embracing both the light and dark sides of ourselves in order to make something beautiful is a powerful reminder of how we should live. But it isn’t always easy to accept our shadows.
The shadow is the unconscious part of ourselves that we don’t like to acknowledge, the sticky parts that we try to hide. It can be made up of our fears, insecurities, and negative emotions. But the angels and I are here to remind you that these pieces of you aren’t bad, they’re a part of your experience and they’re what make you whole…. 🙂
So, why is acknowledging and embracing your shadow so important?
When we ignore our shadow, it can lead to feelings of guilt, shame, and self-doubt. We may experience anxiety, depression, or other negative emotions. But by taking steps to accept our shadow, we can begin to heal those negative feelings and emotions. We can also learn to love the parts of ourselves that we may have previously rejected or denied, leading to amazing healing.
How to embrace your shadow
The first step in embracing your shadow is to become aware of it. This means paying attention to your thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, especially the ones that you don’t like or that make you uncomfortable. Take a good, hard look at your past experiences, your relationships, and your personal beliefs. What comes up for you? Whatever it is, don’t shy away! Acknowledge that these parts of yourself exist, and that they’re a part of who you are.
To further accept both your light and dark sides, you can try the following meditation:
- Find a quiet and comfortable place to sit.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, focusing on your breath as it enters and leaves your body.
- Bring to mind a situation or emotion that you find challenging or uncomfortable. Allow yourself to fully experience this emotion or situation.
- Imagine yourself surrounded by a sphere of light, representing your light side.
- Visualize your shadow side as a mist surrounding you. Allow yourself to fully experience the emotions or thoughts that come up.
- As you continue to breathe, visualize the light and dark merging together, becoming one. Allow yourself to fully accept and love this union.
- Repeat the following affirmation to yourself: “I accept both my light and dark sides. I am whole and complete.”
- When you’re ready, take a deep breath and slowly open your eyes.
Embracing your shadow is a necessary step in your spiritual journey, and it isn’t always easy! But the practice of alchemy reminds us that transformation and growth are possible, even in the most challenging circumstances. By acknowledging and taking the steps to love all parts of ourselves, we can begin to heal and grow in profound ways.
Want to learn more about using the ancient secrets of alchemy to transform your life? Join us for the brand new 4-week class, Shadow Alchemy!
During this class, you’ll encounter yourself in an entirely different and meaningful way, working with the archangels and using alchemical practices to identify old patterns, traumas, and wounds and transmute them into strength, inspiration, and communion with your ancestral soul.
We begin next week! Learn more and register to join us here: https://coringrillo.com/shadowalchemy
PLUS the next 5 folks to register will receive a free 1:1 soul-coaching session with me!! If you need clarity or to alchemize something specific in your life, this is your chance to ask me and the angels anything you want. Don’t miss this ultra-rare opportunity.